Who is this course designed for?
Understanding Prescriptions – Half day course
With the vision of relieving practice burdens and helping to release time, many practices are in the first stages of training their non-clinical workforce to expand their role, dealing with more clinical correspondence and information. In order to do this safely and efficiently and in response to the GP Forward View of April 2016, CMT Clarimed Training has developed various training programmes for GP reception and administration staff to train key skills and knowledge, allowing the delegates to return to the workplace with supporting information. This will further enable them to execute their role with a foundation understanding and an enthusiasm for delegates to self develop.
Throughout this highly interactive half-day* course, there is an interactive workshop covering prescriptions and the staff responsibilities relating to handling prescription requests. Delegates will have access to relevant and up to date documents, videos and links on the CMT Clarimed Training website following completion of this course.
- At the end of this workshop, course delegates will have the resources to:
- Understand the journey of medicine development
- Understand why drugs have more than one name
- Identify what information is available within MIMS and the BNF
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of some common medicines, drug groups and their uses
- Recognise the different routes available for drug administration
- Demonstrate an awareness of prescription legislation and local drug administration policies in relation to their role and responsibilities
- Recognise the potential impact of developments in prescribing e.g. EPS
Prices start from £798*
For more information about pricing and availability, please do get in touch: email@example.com