We aim to provide information that will ensure, as far as is reasonably possible, an infection free zone for staff and patients.
- Understand the importance of infection control measures in the work place.
- Understand the essentials of maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Explain and demonstrate effective hand washing techniques.
Course Agenda (duration 3 hours)
- Icebreaker Quiz
- Quiz answers
- What is the chain of Infection?
- Standard infection control precautions (SICP)
- Applying standard principles within GP practice for:
- – Specimen handling
- – Hand washing
- – Clinical waste
- – Sharps
- – Spillages
- – Personal protective equipment
- Infection Control Checklist, Audit and the CQC
- Evaluations and close